My blog has moved!
You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.hollyanissa.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 50

Anna was home sick today. We had a rough night and I knew something was wrong so I took her to the pediatrician this morning. She has strep throat. While I was there, I told them about Anna's upcoming MRI and abdominal ultrasound (Tuesday) which is happening because of her abnormal blood test and bone scan results from our visit with the endocrinologist in December. I guess I'm a little more worried than I thought because our sweet nurse practitioner gave me a pep talk, then got tears in her eyes. That, of course, made me teary too.

So what better picture to take today than of all the medications Anna is currently taking. Ridiculous isn't it? The first four are daily, the last three because she's currently sick.

~Risperdal for rage and aggression due to autism.
~Lexapro for anxiety due to autism.
~Miralax for constipation due to hypotonia.
~Melatonin at night to help her get to sleep and stay asleep due to being neurologically unique.
~Omnicef for the strep throat.
~Mucinex for congestion.
~Motrin for fever.

And you know what? This child is an angel about taking her meds. She never complains even though some of them are terribly bitter. I am tired, worried, on seizure-watch, and so so so proud of her.

day50


Thanks for looking.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment